Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted access this web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- utilize in study clubs, classroom settings, or as part of a university curriculum or instruction without a specific agreement provided by Dr. Scherer
- share log-in information with other clinicians, assistants, students, technicians, or faculty members (excludes the same location group practice but does not apply to multi-office group practices or universities which is not permitted)
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Company's web site are provided 'as is'. Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Company's Internet site, even if Company or a Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Company's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Company does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Company may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Company of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Company's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
8. Dental Materials and Use
I hereby acknowledge and agree that the training and educational aspects as received by MICHAEL DAVID SCHERER / MICHAEL D SCHERER DMD MS INC and their agents is part of an overall concept and is an experimental process not approved nor endorsed by the FDA nor is supported by any manufacturers claims. The methods and techniques utilized by Dr. Scherer and taught throughout the training seminar result in patient-specific product made from biocompatible commercial materials such as Formlabs’ Dental SG and non-biocompatible commercial materials such as Formlabs’ Grey and Clear Resins.
The doctor’s presentations reflect their own clinical practices which may extend beyond the cleared indications of the 3M True Definition Scanner.
Surgical guides are produced based on data from the 3D planning software and the guide is a device produced through 3D production technology containing precise cylinders, for guiding surgical instrumentation intended to facilitate dental implant placement at a virtual planned position. Oral implants are to be integrated in the jawbone (osseointegration) and used for anchoring or supporting tooth replacements in either jaw. Restorations range from a single tooth to a fixed/removable full dental arch or overdenture application to restore function and esthetics. Guided surgery can be applied in selected cases, identified clinically by indication for implant treatment, prosthetic needs, mouth opening, parafunction, psychological status and during the virtual planning process by anatomy, availability of bone, bone quality and relationship with adjacent structures. The following prerequisites must be fulfilled: adequate amount of jawbone volume (height and width), quality of jawbone must be judged as adequate, and mouth opening should be adequate to accommodate guided surgery tooling. One hundred percent implant success can never be guaranteed. It is strongly recommended to confirm the surgical guide and planned treatment protocol and instrumentation, as well as to respect the guidelines for indication/contraindication, precautions and warnings from the manufacturer of the dental implants which are planned to install.
I hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless MICHAEL DAVID SCHERER, DMD, MS and MICHAEL D SCHERER, DMD, MS, INC from any loss, liability, damage or cost that they may incur to the participant or a patient he/she may treat, now and forever, arising out of or related to participation and/or instruction in said course, activities, or any other related activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. This document constitutes the final and entire agreement regarding the subjects it covers, and it is binding upon the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties even if I cause harm to a patient from information learned in this course. This document supersedes any and all other documents or oral statements, and I represent that I am not relying upon any oral or written representations that conflict with what is set forth in this document.
This Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable laws, but it is not intended to assert any claims or defenses that are prohibited by law, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.ions.